Concerned about a child or young person's thoughts, feelings or behaviour?
Are they in immediate danger?
- Yes: Call 999
- No: Ask them about it. Have a resilience conversation. Find out more on the Kent Resilience Hub
Do they have an urgent need?
- If in Mental Health Crisis, call 111
Is there a safeguarding need?
Have you contacted your Safeguarding Lead for advice? Information and guidance on Integrated Children's' Services can be found on the Kent Safeguarding Children website
They will cope, with the advice, information and support you can provide or access in school or college
- ChatHealth: Young people can access text based support at ChatHealth for support around physical and mental health. Call 07520618850
- Speak to a Designated Mental Health Lead in School or College
- Moodspark: For support in all areas of resilience, take a look at the MoodSpark website
- We Are With You: Young people who are self-harming, at risk of self-harming or struggling with their mental wellbeing can access support through the We Are With You website
- Kooth: For free support and access to fully trained online counsellors 365 days a year, visit the Kooth website
- Release The Pressure: Text 'Kent' to 85258 for free, confidential 24/7 text message support for anyone, any age, who is struggling to cope. You can also visit the Release The Pressure website
- Be You: For support about sexuality and gender identity, contact Be You via their website
If it's starting to cause difficulties with their school work, friendships or family relationships, they will need your support but will also need some extra help.
- KCHFT School Health Service: Provide packages of care. Access them using the referral form
- Single Point of Access (SPA): If you are not sure what extra help is needed call the Single Point of Access (SPA) on 08000113474
- Kent & Medway CYPMHS: Provide a range of support services, to ensure your referral is directed correctly. Access them using the referral form
- Kent Resilience Hub: To see all the services that are available in Kent, visit the Kent Resilience Hub website
If it's preventing them functioning, they will need your support but also they need further specialist support to meet significant mental health needs.
- NELFT: provide access to clinical consultation and specialist mental health services. Call the Single Point of Access on 0800 0113474 or visit their website
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.