The NHS App
Features of the NHS App
The NHS App enables people to:
- check their symptoms using the health A-Z on the NHS website
- find out what to do when they need help urgently using NHS 111 online
- register as an organ donor
- choose whether the NHS uses their data for research and planning
If their GP practice is connected to the app, they can register and verify their identity so they can:
- book and manage appointments at their GP practice
- order their repeat prescriptions
- view their GP medical record securely
The NHS App is available for Android and Apple iOS mobile devices only. It's not possible to download the app to your computer.
We understand that some people:
- do not have a smartphone or tablet
- do not feel confident using apps
- have specific accessibility needs which means they cannot use apps
We're testing the NHS App online now with a small number of GP surgeries. It's a version of the NHS App available through a web browser, such as Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. This means people will be able to use the app's features on a desktop computer or laptop.
We expect the NHS App online to launch in 2020.
Information on this page has come from https://digital.nhs.uk/services/nhs-app