Coronavirus: Booking Routine Appointments
Due to exceptional circumstances following local and national guidance we are no longer able to book routine appointments with GPs.
However we are able to offer telephone and video consultations and the GP may offer a face to face consultation if this is appropriate. Please discuss further with reception. Thank you for your understanding.
The procedure for attending face-to-face appointments at Tonbridge Medical Group has changed
Please remind us that you are a shielded patient when booking an appointment to see our nurse, HCA or phlebotomist.
You can also arrange a telephone/video appointment with your GP who will discuss arrangements with you if you need to be seen by your GP in person.
Please can all patients be aware of the following guidance:
- Please arrive in good time for all appointments. When you arrive at the surgery please check in for your appointment at our front desk.
- We have limited waiting space in out waiting room. Please do NOT arrive too early for your apppointment. The receptionist may ask you to wait in the carpark area until a doctor or nurse calls you and stand at least 2 meters away from others (ideally wait in your car).
- Entrance to the building will be via the front door and main stair case.
- Please wear a face covering (without a valve) on entering the building and apply hand sanitiser.
- Please do NOT attend the surgery if you have any Coronavirus symptoms - New cough, high temperature or loss of sense of taste or smell.
- You will be assessed for Covid symptoms prior to attending. If any are present we will respectfully request that you rebook via telephone..
- Please use the toilet before coming to the surgery as our toilet facilities are currently closed for health and safety due to the Covid outbreak.
- Please enter the building on your own, unless you are a child or have a disability, when you can be accompanied by one responsible person only.
- If a chaperone is required this will be provided by Tonbridge Medical group.